The road to wellness isn't straight, clear, or predictable. It's a path you forge yourself.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

OMG, I am so in love with this Green Goddess Dressing!



This is the yummiest salad dressing ever!  I've also been using it as dip for raw veggies.  Zingy, zangy and tangy, it makes all the taste buds tingle.  I think it's tastier than ranch!  (...and is much healthier.)

I aways thought Green Goddess dressing got its color from avocados.  Wrong!  It gets it from parsley and green onion.  Here is the recipe (from Forks over Knives.)


Green Goddess Garlic Dressing:

2-3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup fresh chives (I used green onion)
1/2 cup fresh parsley (for an even yummier dressing, use cilantro)
2 T tahini
2 T nutritional yeast (I know!  I'd never had it either.  Apparently, it's a good source of B-12 for vegans)
1 T miso
1/3 cup water
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice (or do what I do and just use the juice of one lemon. Who wants to measure?)
1/2 t salt (I left this out and it was still delicious.)

I used my Vitamix (love it!) to blend it up, but the recipe says to use a food processor.  It's worth buying the miso and nutritional yeast because you WILL want to make it again.

Just put into a blender like so.....
....and it comes out this beautiful green color!







No comments:

Post a Comment