The road to wellness isn't straight, clear, or predictable. It's a path you forge yourself.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Acupuncture Update

I haven't kept up with my acupuncture session reports so here's an update:

I went almost 2 weeks without a migraine but then I had one this past Saturday on the left side, then Monday on the right side.  The interesting thing is that the pattern has changed.  I used to always wake up with a migraine if I was going to have one.  Now, these past two started in the late afternoon/night.  (Which I actually prefer because at least I don't have to take off from work.   But I still would like to not have them!) 

Today, I told my acupuncturist about this change.  He said that there is a Yin and Yang balance and that Yin is associated in the morning, but Yang is associated with afternoon.  (Or maybe it was vice versa.  I don't quite remember, but it was interesting to me.)

Anyway, I am having crazy allergies lately and have developed a rash on my arms.  Apparently, the cold weather we had earlier has caused the oak trees to produce WAY more pollen than usual.  This sucks because I'm really allergic to it.  Oh well.  Anyway, the needles stung a little today.  It's probably b/c my skin is more sensitive these days.

I did feel much more relaxed after today's session.  The relaxed feeling even lasted through my orchestra rehearsal.  We'll see how it goes.  One cool thing - my acupuncturist digs classical music and may come to our upcoming symphony concert.  I love it when people are enthusiastic about symphony!

1 comment:

  1. Two years after writing this, were you able to finally experience relief from your migraine? Two weeks of no episodes is an amazing progress! There is also news that acupuncture may help relieve seasonal allergies, which is the one you have. You’re hitting two birds with one stone here! Would you mind telling what happened with your acupuncture therapy? I would really like to know.

    Clare Bob

    ReplyDelete