The road to wellness isn't straight, clear, or predictable. It's a path you forge yourself.

Friday, March 12, 2010

My Favorite Snacks

I never think about foods I can't have.  This is a useful strategy for me because thinking about the Cheetos, Oreos, Twinkies, etc. that I'll never eat again just makes me so depressed.  Luckily, I have found some new snacks that I love!  It makes me happy to focus on these things.  I TOTALLY enjoy these snacks:

  • 1/2 avocado spread on 2 rice cakes
  • rice crackers and almond butter (or macadamia butter or tahini)
  • baby carrots and black bean hummus
  • Flax-seed crackers
  • home-made yogurt, topped with chopped pecans
  • a handful of nuts (like hazelnuts, macadamias, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds)
  • rice (or corn) chips with guacamole
  • millet cereal with soymilk or almond milk
I usually have a handful of nuts as a mid-morning snack, and then one of the other snacks with a cup of green tea in the afternoon.  It's not a low-fat diet that I'm on, but the fats I do eat are healthy and good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment