The road to wellness isn't straight, clear, or predictable. It's a path you forge yourself.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Non-Perfect Health Day

You know how I said I'm feeling tons better but not perfect these days?  Well, today was a non-perfect day for sure.  I woke up with a headache in the middle of my forehead and nausea.  It wasn't a full-blown migraine, but it was still miserable.  Sometimes, taking a Maxalt works, and sometimes it doesn't.  Today it didn't.  I still was able to go to work and function, but it wasn't fun.  (Especially when teaching kids with drums!)

Do you know how frustrating it is to make such an effort to make all these changes and still have these symptoms?  Also, I'm not really sure what caused it so I don't know how to prevent it the next time.  The only two things I can come up with are the change in weather and the Tamari (a type of soy sauce) I had in my food last night.

We had a drastic weather change last night.  It suddenly got really wet and cold.  I find my symptoms worsen whenever it rains and when there is high barometric pressure.  I hate this because there's really not a lot I can do about it!

It could be the Tamari.  (Which is sad because I love it!)  There is some MSG in Tamari, but I tell myself it's okay because it's a natural form and it's not too concentrated.  However, maybe it isn't okay!  For dinner last night, I made steak with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms.  I love putting Tamari in the mushrooms to give them some flavor.  I suspect it may have been this because I had leftovers for lunch today and immediately felt worse.  Next time, I guess I'll just use garlic and olive oil.  

This just goes to show that I have not figured out all the answers yet and am still on the journey.  My goal is to stop these symptoms and never have a headache with nausea again!

No comments:

Post a Comment